We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to support the administrative elements of the business compliance functions to help us maintain the key components of our certified combined management system. We are offering an excellent personal development opportunity therefore you must be willing to develop your compliance skills across a range of disciplines including Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality functions.
You will be an ambitious individual who will join us at an exciting stage in our expansion to assist in the development of our existing compliance system across a range of sectors including residential, commercial, rail, highways and other emerging areas of operation.
The individual we seek will have a good level of IT competence and will have several years of experience in an office based administrative role. Some experience of site auditing and/or H&S leadership would also be an advantage as this will become part of the future role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities will be to support the Compliance Manager in day-to-day administrative activities with the longer-term aim of broadening experience to support other key compliance functions which will include:
- Developing and reviewing spreadsheet data and reports which form part of the business management system.
- Monitoring industry legislation and compliance relevant to the business function and providing updates.
- Controlling updates and reviews to key compliance documents such as Risk Assessments, Policies & Processes.
- Support with fleet management & associated monitoring systems.
- Monitoring and controlling critical equipment testing routines.
- Supporting the wider consulting team with updating administration functions (time sheets/record logs).
- Reviewing contractor assessments questionnaires and requesting additional feedback to maintain diligence.
- Admin support to incident and accident management processes along with action log management.
- Reviewing supplier approval information and updating supplier logs to maintain diligence.
- Preparing agendas and taking minutes at key compliance meetings at all levels (H&S / Quality / Conformance).
- Undertaking site audits and producing reports – training will be provided.
- General office and admin support across all functions of the certified management system.
Qualifications and Experience:
- H&S qualification (IOSH/Nebosh) desirable.
- Ability to interpret data and produce reports.
- Excellent Excel/Word/IT skills.
- A full clean UK driving licence is required for attending sites to support the business auditing program.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written at all levels throughout the organisation is essential.
- Client/Contractor facing so good interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude to Health & Safety with an aptitude to developing knowledge.
- Good Judgement skills with confidence to question irregularities.
- Willing to work across the companies operational geographical areas as required.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and ambitious.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please email your CV to [email protected]